Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rain, Rain, Never Goes Away...

This morning we went to a joint church service with several of the area churches, it was held outside in the stadium. It rained. We jammed out to the praise band which included Nathan who was storing every song book known to man and a toilet paper roll on his keyboard. After the service we meandered over to a local pub to have Sunday roast dinner...Lanie and I were strategically placed (by the guys) with our backs to the Formula One Racing so that we had to suffer through their watching it all through lunch. We left them playing darts to head back to Lanie's and watch a movie...in actuallity we took a nap. We just got back from placing second in the pub quiz, mostly because of all the questions they asked about America. It was a crazy crazy night.

Let me back track a bit:

Saturday was a very full boot sale, but it lacked in ridiculous purchases. Lanie and Nathan and I had McDonald's and then Nathan and I met Tim for Mad Cow. After the milkshakes we somehow (possibly due to Tim's small bladder) ended up back in McDonald's people watching the emo/crazy kids outside. Nathan listed a few of our favorites on the blog, but he might not have mentioned:

Nine Year Old Drinking Posse: The group of nine year olds that were attempting to be cool, drinking large cans of beer and causing a ruckus. This also included the possibly nine year old girl who kept smashing her face against the window glass and making faces at the burger eaters...when she wasn't puffing someone's cigarrette.

Boy with Dog: This was an intense looking emo kid, walking his little terrier....with its pink bejeweled leash.

Bicycle Tricksters: Talented guys, who were not part of the emo group who were jumping their bikes over various fixtures of Castle Square such as-power boxes, benches, and tall walls.

This is basically the attire you can expect, with varying degrees of color and modesty.



After this the boys played hacky sack for a bit outside one of the store fronts and then we all traveled back to Lanie's to watch a movie.

But!
Before we met with Tim, something hilarious happened...

We had just left Lanie who was headed home early and we were walking up towards Mad Cow to meet Tim. Nathan and I were walking and chatting when we happen upon these half circle metal posts...there were three in a row and they were about three feet off the ground, I guess to tie your bike up to. Well Nathan makes a show of attempting to jump them and doesn't follow through, he just hops a bit and then shakes his head happy to continue on. Out of nowhere comes these two little old ladies...the first lady is like "Oh you can do it! A young thing like you!"...Nathan was shaking his head smiling, when I said "Nathan are you gonna take that? Show them you can!"...at this point I felt like some inspirational theme music should have been been piping out of the storefronts....Nathan shouts, "Hold this!" and throws his wallet in the opposite direction of me, after retrieving it and throwing it back in my general direction he begins to prep his jump...the little old ladies have moved around a bit, ensuring they have a good view and then Nathan runs and jumps and flies over the first metal thing and crashes into the second one with hip crunching force...the second old lady looks at me and says "He isn't very good, is he?" all I could do was nod my head and laugh...the first old woman did a slow clap and shouted some encouraging words as she wandered away with her friend leaving Nathan still hugging the second metal thing.

Nathan might be a bit upset I told this story...it is highly embarrassing, but maybe next time he won't antagonize me about posting!

4 comments:

  1. Boy those kids are REALLY colorful over there. Don't see much of that fashion sense around here, Of course New Orleans isn't that far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Nathan! Those little old ladies are probably still having tea parties and talking about you. I knew he really did sympathize with us old folks.
    What are ya'll talking about? Lucy dresses like that everyday. Helen does too if I don't check her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Shirley is starting to hold her breath again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've updated! Your turn Ames!

    ReplyDelete