Thursday, May 14, 2009

The glass hippos of life...

I did in fact make it to almost 11:00 last night and apparently slept very well, I remember nothing from the moment I climbed in bed till Siusan yanking my covers off this morning so we could go into town. I did however, freak out last night when the creepy build a bear's heart started beating, I was convinced I was having a travel induced heart attack! Hopefully its battery will die soon.
Today was a pretty chill day, I got a UK cell phone which is actually much cooler than my US one and I met Lanie for the first time today. Lanie is from Louisiana and is studying at the local Bible College. We followed Siusan around to the Charity shops, of which Swansea has several. They support things like Cancer research and Vet care for pets without owners, which is sweet but odd. Siusan shopped for clothes, while Lanie and I shopped for the ridiculous. I convinced her to buy Nintendo and Noah's Ark bedsheets for £2, which is like two bucks. Awesome deal and I found them for her. I am now the new owner of teeny tiny glass hippos, which cost me less than a pound. I love them and they made so happy I am willing to overlook how incredibly tired I am at this moment. I think I can make it the two hours Siusan is insisting I stay up. I can do this.

I have hippo and flat family photos that I will post as soon as I get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment