Monday, May 11, 2009

Almost kiddos, almost



I spent today doing all of the random things I should have done days ago...last minute shopping, books for the plane ride, printing off flight and train information, picking up weird American food items for the American kids over there, packing and unpacking and repacking my bag, ironing patches on my bag because I needed to procrastinate more packing...and appreciating the genuine absurdity this picture inspired in my life. I saw this tiny doll house thing at the parking lot entrance to Barnes and Noble, I stopped traffic just so I could document it. God always gives me something humorous when I most need it. Yes, God is good, but he also has a wicked sense of humor.
 I had Mexican food for about the twelfth time this week. I'm trying to eat it as much as possible since they have nothing remotely like it over there...lots of Chinese and Indian food and something they consider Mexican, but its NOT. Mexican food is one of the few food things I truly miss when I'm away from home. 
I leave at 10:30 tomorrow morning, headed to Atlanta. About 6:00, I'll hop a plane across the ocean and travel uncomfortably through the night, reaching England at 7:00 Wednesday morning. I have a 9:00 train ride that should get me to Swansea around 1:00, praying that everything goes to plan. If it doesn't, I have no idea where I could end up by Thursday morning. 
I have faith though and I'm sure I'll have several stories to pass on from the trip. So I sit here in Cups, pondering my next three months and thinking about all the things that have gotten me to this point in my life. Its a heart warming and challenging personal reflection. There have been so many people who helped me get here and most of them have no idea the impact they had. So that's what I leave you with tonight...Tomorrow morning is a new day and whether you mean to or not, you are going to have some kind of affect on every single person you encounter...what will your presence mean to them?

3 comments:

  1. God knows the plans He has for you and they are AWESOME! Already praying for you this morning and can't wait to hear your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you already. So proud of you. Don't know how you do it. There is no way I would even leave the states by myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear from you. You need to "share" your post on facebook once in a while so everyone will see it! His share "link" and enter your blogspot.com name

    ReplyDelete