Monday, May 18, 2009

Where to begin?

I have been slacking on the bloggage and for that I sincerly apologize...now however we face a conundrum...where should I begin?

Let's start with Friday night, where I went to a house party thrown by my new friend Lanie. I met some crazy Bible College students and got to see several of my Parklands friends for the first time in almost a year. I also met another American named Heidi who I get on so well with its scary at times. We all played this ridiculous British game called "Whos in the bag?". There was lots of yelling and pushing and cheating going on.

Saturday morning Siusan, Heidi and I walked down to the Bible College to participate in a prayer walk that Lanie had organized. We went out in teams to cover the streets of Sketty in prayers and praise. It was a beautiful morning (one of the few in the past week) and such an encouragement since none of those participating were from the Swansea area. They just have such a heart for the people here and those that have been so supportive of the college that they wanted to give back a little. Afterwards we had lunch and discussed plans to prayer walk through all of swansea. Sketty is kind of like a suburb of Swansea and where Parklands and Mrs.Faye's house are located.

Saturday night we had a Eurovision Watching Party. I posted some of the clips from the show in my last post. But it was ahmazing! I love Eurovision, we have to petition to get the US involved, I mean, they let Israel participate and Russsia, so why can't we? America is missing out on an entertainment gem by not showing this competition. Its like the Olympics of song contests.

Sunday morning was my first worship service with Parklands since I've been gone and it was great. I got to see lots of people I had missed for a year and spend a few hours in fellowship and worship with them. Afterwards we went to Student Lunch at Brian's (the church elder) house. There are several families in the church that host a lunch on Sundays for the University Students during the school year. They offer them the chance to have a free delicious meal with strong Christian support.

This morning was my first day of work at the church. I went to the staff prayer meeting early this morning and then headed down to the office to do whatever work they could find for me. They made me count up the offering which took me forever because I kept forgetting which coins were which. They thought this was hilarious. Then we moved tables and stage pieces, just like at home Nathan! But we had to be very quiet because they were using the sanctuary for exams. The high school students have their graduation exams, or at least its something like that, thats the best I can explain it. I still struggle trying to convert their education system into terms that make sense with ours. After that I went to Verdi's and had ice cream with Matt and just discussed what he expected me to accomplish this summer and to work out the logistics of the programs I would be involved in.

I think thats everything, if not...oh well you probably wouldn't want to know anyway. Haha. Just pray for the students here in Swansea, the University and the High Schoolers. They are all taking exams and they are very stressed, parents and students. And I'm working on the pictures! I promise...tomorrow at the latest and you'll have something cute to look at!

1 comment:

  1. So now that you have initiated with the money counting you should be ready for anything.

    Exams... that craziness is everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete