I would also like to say hello to Nathan who has been stalking my blog for over a week now and because of child protection I am unable to give you his last name or his address, the handbook is very specific about that. Nathan is a current member of taco night who needs sour cream covering anything he eats or he is unable to survive the heat. He is also a very swell piano player/singer, but thats about his only talent. Sometimes he also comes up with very funny sarcastic comments and jokes, but this is a rareity.
I also am hearing some blog back chatter that you may have trouble posting comments. From what I understand it may take two tries before your comment posts, so make sure you check and see that it does indeed post. It may also take a bit because I have to approve the comments before they appear on the page.
Helen, I love that you went to Robot Camp! Everyone here was so jealous, I was showing your pictures off in the office. I had to listen to Rhys complain about how he never did anything fun like that. Have fun at all of your smart kid camps, I can't wait to hear about them!
Beverly, send as many bracelets as you feel like...don't be lazy, this is Jesus work after all.
Momma, Can you please send a t-shirt that either says "I love Mississippi" or "I love America" or something along those lines? I only need one. A medium or large would be awesome...we'll chat about it next time I call though.
Anyway here are the pictures I promised...First is the GSUS Live trailer, then the Gower, then Global Day of Prayer...enjoy!
Writing "Jesus" on the trailer might have caused some issues at some schools, so they got a bit creative. There is God and then there is US and there is a Savior that connects the two.
Rhys showing off the trailer and just trying to interfere with my photos.
Heidi working through the program.
View from the front door "safety talk area".
Culver Hole, impossible to reach when the tide comes in.
If you look very closely you can see Siusan in her green shirt struggling to cross the rocks Dan and I raced across. In high tide all of this would be underwater...by the way, I won the race.
After racing Dan across the rocks, the entrance to Culver Hole is right in the middle of this photo. Once we got there I climbed up the cliff to the right of the entrance crossed the top and then sat on the top left point waiting on the others.
Thankfully the tide was out, otherwise we never would have been able to cross these rocks to get closer to shore.
Our fearless (kinda) leader Dan. The tide was out, so all of those dark rocks would normally be covered.
Waiting for Siusan and Heidi to make it down.
Dan and Heidi leading the way.
Where we went on the Gower to scale cliffs and find Culver Hole.
Old salt house ruins on the Gower.
Flags of the World that were painted on people's faces to remind everyone that it wasn't just Wales that needed prayer and that on that day people all over the world were praying for revival.
The "fire" of God spreading revival all across Wales. They had signs naming all the major cities in Wales, they were in Welsh on one side, English on the other side of the fountain. The flame moved past all of them in a circle as they prayed for revival.
Kid's playing in the hepatitis/aids fountain.
The Worship Band and their stewarding body guards.
Nathan and I wearing our bright yellow stewarding vests.
The first aid tent that showed off my excellent laminating skills, I made those signs!
Castle Square the location for Global Day of Prayer.


I kept looking for my flat fat self in all those pictures. Maybe it was the glare on the rocks that prevented me from being seen.
ReplyDeleteThe trailor looks cool though. A lot bigger than it looks.
I'll tell the kids that their flats blew off the cliff....
And I was really impressed with your lamenating skills. I knew all that training would one day pay off.
LOVE all the pictures. How did you climb up to Culver Hole and carry a camera? You go girl!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't they find a better name than the "aids/hepatitis fountain"? That sounds kind of morose!
You have mad laminating skills!
Didn't I buy you a video camera for Christmas or something like that? A video would be nice..
ReplyDeleteDo the shirts have to say I love the USA or Mississippi, or can they just have the state and country on them? Walgreens has a lot, but none say I love. I'll keep looking.
And don't be dissing Ophelia because of her handicap. There are lots of us out there who have eyes that begin to ache reading your criticisms of your dear sweet Mother.
ReplyDeleteDear Ophelia, I apologize for my daughter's rudeness.
You get 10 bracelets for now. I dont have enough buttons left to make patterns so yull have to wait for more. and tell Nathan not to ruin everything with sour cream. ew.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to protest against the harsh criticisms that have been put up against me.. It was only Siusan's food last tuesday that needed sour cream. Nothing else. that is all!
ReplyDelete