Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my daddy! Pass it along to him momma if I don't manage to call home tonight...I'm speaking in the youth meeting so I may not get to.

Friday Night we went to the Charity Auction held here at the church. It raised well over £2,000. It benefits Children in Africa, the charity either helps them find new families or find the families that they have been separated from for any reason. It was alot of fun, lots of good food and Siusan and I were recruited by the little old ladies group to sell cakes and run the projector. The auctioneer was hilarious and we had quite a few friends turn up to laugh with.

Saturday we took Nathan with us to the Boot Sale, where he had to suffer through us being ridiculous girls...but he secretly loved it. Then Siusan, Nathan, and I went for lunch in town and then before our bus came we tracked down a mythical smoothie shop that Nathan was intent on visiting. They will make smoothies from practically anything, the walls are lined with different types of candy...Nathan was in heaven and stayed that way the whole time he was drinking his smoothie. It made his stomach slightly dodgy on the bus later, but he feels it was well worth it.

That night we hosted the going-away party for Siusan, Hannah, and Heidi. We ate a ton of food, played some frisbee, and dissed Siusan's ipod. It was also my birthday party so we had cake and candles and three of the guys played Toxic by Britney Spears for me. Acoustically, in my dining room, it was fantastic. The night went on forever and no one really wanted to leave, but after telling a few scary stories we kicked them out and sent them home.

This Sunday morning Siusan and I worked in Kid's Church and then went to Bri and Ali's for a delicious Roast Dinner for student lunch. Now we have Thirst in a few minutes and I can hear the youth worship band practicing next door. I'm sharing my testimony and just planning to challenge them a bit...its hard to follow Dan's prayer time last week, but I'm gonna try. We have Girl's/Guy's Night tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes, until then call your Daddy's and let them know you love em.

Dear Daddy,
Thank you for always being there for me even when I was a brat and supporting me when my plans seemed crazy. I would never be able to do this if it weren't for you, I don't tell you enough but I love you so much and appreciate more and more each day the things you've done for me. Thanks for choosing to be my Dad, it means more than you'll ever know to me. I love you and have a great day!

Love,
Amy

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I guess there's nothing I can complain about in that post. How sweet. I told Daddy to go on and read it at work today. I told him about how difficult it is to reply, so don't get upset if he's not as computer savvy as your very intelligent Mother is.....
    Your box with the rest of your headache meds and all, I can't send till the end of the week. Since mail to you cost's ten times more than everywhere else in the world. Have you gotten your box yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity... how's the temperature out there? It's been averaging 100 degrees for the past week!!!

    Amy's Dear Sweet Mommy - keep the comments coming!!! I love it!!! You and Amy remind me of me and my own mommy!!!

    Hope you have a great day!!!! - amy easterling

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been two days. I thought you were only 6 hours or so ahead of us, not 3 days behind. If your blog was a subscription, I would have to cancel, since delivery is so sketchy........
    Did you take a picture of your box before you opened it? I was completely wrapped in tape in case it fell out of the plane. So hopefully it would float and still be delivered by some japanese tuna ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I demand to see my flat! I think that you are avoiding us because something has happened to your flat family. On purpose maybe, but I know that accidents happen. Just let us see them or tell us what really happened. I would hate to get the authorities involved. It would become messy and not to mention expensive. You know how it is when you have to hire a lawyer.
    We are just asking for a glimpse. Just to make sure that they are unharmed. It was such a hard decision to let them travel so far away, protected only by the leather of your passport wallet...
    And now, you forbid us to see them!
    Or, are they so badly injured aftering blowing off the cliff that you could not censor out their horrific injuries?

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.s. You thought share did say that you would be posting videos. Or does that mean only those random crazy ones off utube.
    I would love to see my flat performing in a video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (We may have to name a new Lack of Amy stress disorder for your Mom! You are totally putting her through too much stress by not posting enough. You do know that some soldiers of war never recuperate from Traumatic Stress Disorder, right? You realize that you would have to take care of her if you traumatize her!)

    Hope you are having a good week. That was such a sweet Father's Day note. *sniff sniff* Made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMY! HURRY UP & POST SOMETHING NEW! IM TIRED OF READING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN! ITS BORING! JUST WRITE SOMETHING NEW. goodness. its not like you need to sleep. just stay up and write something. you sleep enough whn your here at home to make up for it. so COME ON! before i just stop coming to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's it! We are going to have to demand a picture of the Flat Family or..... hmmmm.... I'll have to think about that.....

    Seriously, Amy, your poor sweet Mama deserves to know her Flat Mama pic is still with you!!!

    I just love your postings and I miss reading them!!! It gives me a much needed laugh in an otherwise tiring stressful day at work!!!!

    What can we say? You're cherised and missed by many!!!!!

    And we love you too!!!!

    -amy easterling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Fay will not be impressed when her house becomes surrounded by police demanding the release of your flat family unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daddy said he loves you very much and is very proud of you.
    Beverly had to read it to him and then he told us to tell you that. I feel really smart when we discuss computers around daddy. I think he plays stupid just to build my confidence..

    ReplyDelete