Last night was my last Wednesday night as the middle school intern and it was bittersweet. It hurts to leave the kids that have been the center of my life for the past year and a half, but I'm so comforted by the light I see in them. I never could've imagined that when Nathan asked me to work with him that I would be able to witness God moving in so many powerful and subtle ways. These kids have great things ahead of them and I can't wait to hear what God leads them to do. For all you parents out there, stick with them, they may be obnoxious now...and for the next few years, but know that eventually that too will pass. Don't give up on them, its your responsibility to make sure they grow up to be the men and women God has in mind. To all those kids I've hugged, laughed with and at, gotten on to, and survived so many ridiculous things with: Thank you, you have no idea how much you mean to me and how much you've changed me for the better.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Goodbye often leads to Hello...
Last night was my last Wednesday night as the middle school intern and it was bittersweet. It hurts to leave the kids that have been the center of my life for the past year and a half, but I'm so comforted by the light I see in them. I never could've imagined that when Nathan asked me to work with him that I would be able to witness God moving in so many powerful and subtle ways. These kids have great things ahead of them and I can't wait to hear what God leads them to do. For all you parents out there, stick with them, they may be obnoxious now...and for the next few years, but know that eventually that too will pass. Don't give up on them, its your responsibility to make sure they grow up to be the men and women God has in mind. To all those kids I've hugged, laughed with and at, gotten on to, and survived so many ridiculous things with: Thank you, you have no idea how much you mean to me and how much you've changed me for the better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


And from the parents of those silly, crazy, growing kids... we adore you!
ReplyDelete