I'm too exhausted to post a full update and run down of my birthday, just know that it was excellent and details are forthcoming. In other news, I will share an interesting anecdote about tonight's bible study.
We were all sitting in my Bff's back garden studying The Word, powering through Acts Chapter 7...I was listening to the ice cream truck drive around the neighborhood, when all of the sudden the door bell rings...we just think its the Tesco delivery, bringing thier grocery order and we continue on talking about the stoning of Stephen and how much it would stink to be stoned...all of a sudden...Gareth's Dad comes round back to interrupt the study...this never happens, they always stay out of the way till we finish...he comes to get the leader of the study to tell him that the Ice Cream truck guy has just backed into his car...we bust out laughing in disbelief and Stewart goes round the front to trade insurance info...we have a discussion about how we should get free ice cream, when Gareth's Mom pops up and asks who wants ice cream...of course we all did...so a few minutes later we were all seated around the table enjoying our ice cream cones, stoning totally forgotten...we move on to talking about Michael Jackson and telling silly jokes and basically just get off topic for quite awhile...eventually we do return to Acts, only for about five minutes, but we did hit the key points of the chapter...which was the best we could hope for under the circumstances...The End.
Hope you enjoyed this...more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


If I send you my order, do you think Tesco would deliver my groceries too? We need something like that here!!!!! I hate grocery shopping.
ReplyDeleteAren't you lucky! We all ran down to the end of the street cause we heard the ice cream truck and waited for like 20 minutes. He snuck out the other side of the neighborhood! I think Beverly was the most disappointed. She was so frustrated she just plopped down in the middle of the street and pouted......Maybe if the truck hits her next time we will get free ice cream.
ReplyDeleteAmy visit kitty world
ReplyDeleteAmy we all love and miss you so badly.I hope you come home soon.
ReplyDeleteGareth's Dad and Gareth's Mam also have names!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed the Bible STudy