Friday, July 24, 2009

A Response to slander...

As many of you know, my good friend Nathan has recently started a blog of his own. Last night while we were hanging out he was suffering a bit of writer's block and so he asked me for help...my response? Tell them about the awful morning we had today. His response was positive, but culminated in a slanderous exposition that has led some to have dubious thoughts of my character...allow me to rectify the situation.

Thursday morning, Rhys and I were farmed out to drop leaflets all around the Sketty Park Estates. We thought this would be a two hour job at most...it wasn't. It was shaping up to be several more...in the pouring rain. We did the three enormous towers of flats, one of which also housed the offices of the people we were dropping lit for. These towers were very very questionable. Several of them had previously been broken into, with plywood covering the doors and windows and the elevators! Oh man, the elevators were these tiny metal boxes that stunk like crazy and had no emergency exits in the roof and they were barely big enough for two people and they only stopped at every second floor. So we would get in at the bottom, travel up to the tenth floor, stifled by the stench and the fear of the tiny box, the doors would open on the tenth and we would rush out, gasping for air and thanking the Lord that he had delivered us safely and didn't trap us inside the elevator of death. Then we would walk down the stairs. This happened for all three towers and then we got the bright idea to call around and beg our friends to help us because we still had all of the houses yet to go.

So we call Nathan. Rhys dials the number on his phone and hands it over to me because I have no credit....it rings and rings and I figure I'm going to get his voicemail instead I get this:

Nathan: Hello? (in a sleepy voice)

Amy: Nathan! What are you up to this wonderful morning? (it had been pouring rain for hours)

Nathan: Ummm, nothing really.

Amy: Well would you like to hang out with me and Rhys for a bit?

Nathan: You're tempting me, you're tempting me!

Amy: Well thats good because the next part isn't so tempting....

Nathan: Ummm...

Amy: Do you wanna come drop leaflets with us?

Nathan: Ummm, where are you?

At this moment I pass the phone to Rhys and they have a short convo that doesn't inspire confidence in Nathan actually showing up. Low and behold he does pop up, just in time to head out to the houses. We break into teams and they go together and I go with one of the girls who works in the office. In the pouring rain...on foot...to crazy houses and flats....for hours. The sun came out about the time we finished up. I hope this clears up any confusion you guys might've had about the situation.

Later that day we went to Mad Cow and bummed around town. Then we went back to Lanie's house and had pizza and invited Liz over to watch the Blockbuster movies we were coerced into renting. Which was about the time Nathan wrote his ridiculous blog. End.

RBWD: Squash- concentrated juice drink...kind of like kool aid but liquidy and in several fruit flavors

3 comments:

  1. So, in other words, Nathan is the big baby.
    I don't think I could get the picture of a misshapen yellow squash out of my mind long enough to drink the squash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking you are totally brave for getting in the chamber of death! I am feeling claustrophobic reading that. *gasp*

    I am with your Mom... drinking squash? YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if the box had plummeted to the ground, how would you have escaped???

    ReplyDelete