Monday, July 20, 2009

True Story...

Let me set the scene for you: Late one night a daughter wishes to talk to her beloved mother who happens to be over 4,000 miles away and across an ocean. Unable to afford talk time on her international sim card, she knows the only way to do this is by skype, so she sends an expensive text message exchange that goes like this:

Daughter: Can we skype?

Mother: No computer on the trail. We'll have to use telekinesis.

? exactly.

3 comments:

  1. The other side of the story:
    Her mother, in an effort to reduce her skyrocketing cholesterol numbers, has taken up walking. When she finally finds a few minutes in her busy day, she prefers to walk the trails of Ridgeland which are mostly shaded instead of the hot streets in her neighborhood. At the time of the text, she was walking up a very long hill and had just hit the one half mile left to go mark. Since she has a bum leg that still refuses to run right, she has to walk. But, still, she sped her pace up, raced home to pick up another child quickly and drive him to church and race back home, only to be met with,"I'm sleeping now. We'll talk tomorrow."
    And I must add that this so called pitiful throwed away daughter stays in constant contact with her other sister working in a useless computer garden......
    Now, not as cut and dry as we were made to believe huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so confused cause I don't know what a computer trail or computer garden are. Do I have one? Where can I find one.

    ReplyDelete